L293D motor driver is a monolithic integrated, high voltage, high current, 4-channel driver. Basically, this means using this chip you can use DC motors and power supplies of up to 36 Volts that some pretty big motors and the chip can supply a maximum current of 600mA per channel.
This L293D Motor Driver / Stepper / Servo Shield for Arduino is probably one of the most versatile on the market and features 2 servo and 4 motor connectors for DC or stepper motors. That makes it a great shield for any robotic project.
- 2 connections for 5V hobby servos connected to the Arduino’s high-resolution dedicated timer
- 4 H-Bridges: L293D chipset provides 0.6A per bridge (1.2A peak) with thermal shutdown protection, internal kickback protection diodes. Can run motors on 4.5VDC to 25VDC.
- Up to 4 bi-directional DC motors with individual 8-bit speed selection (so, about 0.5% resolution)
- Up to 2 stepper motors (unipolar or bipolar) with single coil, double coil or interleaved stepping.
- Pull down resistors keep motors disabled during power-up
- Big terminal block connectors to easily hook up wires (18-26AWG) and power
- Arduino reset button brought up top
- 2-pin terminal block and jumper to connect external power, for separate logic/motor supplies
- Tested compatible with Arduino Mega 1280 & 2560, Diecimila, Duemilanove, and UNO
- Download the easy-to-use Arduino software library, check out the examples and you’re ready to go
- 1 x L293D Motor Driver / Stepper / Servo Shield for Arduino